Organizational Development / Change Management / Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Organizational development and change management professional with unique combination of technical, group and interpersonal skills to guide organizations and teams to set and achieve operational goals. Successful at aligning teams in complex, fast-paced and not-for-profit environments. Fearless classroom trainer and group facilitator with excellent analytical, consulting, and project coordination skills. Expertise in areas of Enterprise Resource Planning software implementations, organizational culture assessments, group dynamics, and transactional change.
Industry experience includes Federal government (NASA), consumer product distribution (MCA, RCA, WEA, CBS), Healthcare (ARAMARK and ServiceMaster, California Pacific Medical Center), Higher Education (Texas A&M University, McMurry University) broadcast media (KHXS-FM), print journalism (advisor and editor) and non-profit (Bay Area Organizational Development Network). Worked professionally across the U.S.
- Project manager on assessing organizational and team performance using assessments and interviews to determine the appropriate level of intervention and methods to address root causes.
- Consulted with industry experts on best practices for leading organizations through cultural change activities.
- Designed and executed effective stakeholder and leadership advocacy communication plans aligned with strategic development, learning and organizational initiatives.
- Developed, executed and analyzed organizational and team-focused web-based surveys to assess employee training, employee satisfaction with transactional change and ability to effectively collaborate.
- Facilitated strategic planning meetings aligning current functions with desired organizational goals.
- Provided expertise and coaching to senior leaders and their organizations on incorporating technical innovations for process improvement to improve communication and to cut costs.
- Developed, executed and tracked multiple communication and feedback strategies to engage principal stakeholders.
- Lead turnaround solutions that resulted in 18 month and 5-year contract extensions in a $3 mil. account.
- Coached executives and leaders and Project Managers on effective methods for communicating culture change to all levels in the organization.
- Coached first line managers on communication and political skills for union environments.
- Facilitated groups on collaborative strategies to improve creative solutions that increased individual accountability and reduced resistance buy-in.
- Managed all aspects of a training program, from defining target audiences to program design to development and delivery.
- Co-lead 5-day leadership development retreats for 20+ managers and executives.
- Developed coursework in Social Media, Team Building, Conflict Resolution and Business Communication.
- Trained employees in supervision skills, safety, computer skills, JIT inventory control.
- Developed communications deliverables such as: mapping employees to appropriate training role-plays, training tools, process maps and presentations.
- Collaborated with functional leads to prioritize and coordinate training plans with appropriate training organizations.
- Created and monitored metrics to measure impact of learning and change activities as well as other metrics that monitored the effectiveness of functional organizations.
- Collaborated with functional leads to manage risks and prioritize efforts to effectively increase employee engagement and maintain business performance.
- Devised advocacy and training campaigns to decrease organizational resistance in the adoption of Enterprise Resource Planning and Management Information Systems software systems across multiple campuses.
- Directed Future State / Present State / Gap Analysis to assess organizational impacts of Presidential Management Initiatives software implementations on organizational culture and employees.
- Conducted readiness to change assessments and developed remedial strategies to close performance gaps.
- Delivered course on change management to Technical Service Managers.
- Created MS-Access database that systemized and managed training schedules for 5000+ employees over a 3-year roll out.
Lean Six Sigma
- Facilitated Lean Six Sigma Kaizen for cutting cycle time in the on-boarding process for contractors,
- Developed charter for Product Design PDR to stream-line Ares-X knowledge capture, lessons learned and knowledge infusion process for required project close-out report.
AI Signal Research (2005-present) Senior OD Specialist, duty station at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, AL
Part-time District IT Technician, (2004-2005) Millsap Independent School District, Millsap, TX
Choragus Consulting (1997-1999 & 2002-2004) OD Consultant, Abilene, TX and San Bruno, CA
ARAMARK ServiceMaster Facilities Management Services (1999-2002) Director, Organizational Effectiveness, San Francisco, CA
McMurry University (1996-1997) Visiting Instructor of Communication, Abilene, TX
Texas A&M University (1994-1996) Graduate Assistant and Instructor, College Station, TX
M.A., Speech Communication, Texas A&M University – College Station, TX
B.A. Communication, McMurry University – Abilene, TX
Honors and Awards
Office of Human Capital Peer award for invaluable contributions to the NASA HR University Program team
Special appreciation by Center Director for contribution to Marshall Space Flight Center’s Consolidated Out-processing Site
Recipient of a combined Eleven NASA Agency and Center Team Achievement Awards for Project Success & Excellence.
Process and Assessment Certifications
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Certified Scrum Master
Dennison Culture Survey and Dennison 360 Leadership Survey
Organizational Diagnosis with Dr. Sam Kaner
16PF Personality Assessment
NASA 540 Leadership Survey
Group Facilitation Skills with Dr. Sam Kaner
Social Networking Analysis with the Institute for Social Network Analysis of the Economy
Integrated Service Information Systems (ISIS) Train the Trainer with ServiceMaster
Whole-scale Change at Cape Cod Institute with Kathie Danemiller
Process Facilitation at Cape Cod Institute with Edgar Schein
Safety Toolkit Train-the Trainer with ServiceMaster
Microsoft Office Suite with Access, MS Project, Visio, Social Media & Social Networking applications and web surveys
Professional Affiliations / Volunteer Activities
Volunteer employee accountability analyst, Marshall Space Flight Center Tornado Rescue and Relief to reach and account for 100% of Marshall Space Flight Center civil service employees.
Director, Social Media, Huntsville Alive! Face-to-Face networking events
Volunteer Coordinator and Director, Social Media, Nightmare on Clinton Street and Cirque du Freak (City-wide Halloween event)
Board Member, Asbury Counseling Center
Board Chair, Asbury United Methodist Church Singles Ministry
Founder, SNUG (Social Networking Users Group)
Planning Committee, San Francisco Cell for Fast Company’s Company of Friends
Featured Presenter, National Association Healthcare Transportation Conference
Invited Lecturer, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 2011 Orlando Conference
Co-Presenter, with Dr. Sandra Wells on Leadership for Systematic Organization Change, Linkage Change 2001 Conference
Founding and Board Member, Huntsville Alive!
Board Member, Bay Area Organization Development Network
Steering Committee, Bay Area Facilitators Guild
Faculty Advisor, McMurry University newspaper
Summary Personal Strengths
Ideation: finding connections among disparate ideas, applying ideas in new ways.
Relator: building relationships and working with others to achieve a goal.
Intellection: deeply introspective and appreciates intellectual discussions.
Restorative: talented at dealing with problems and adept at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it.
Learning: has a great desire to learn and to continuously improve the process of learning.
Based on Gallop StrengthFinder Assessment